We’re forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can’t do it alone. We know when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it’s in our DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great idea?
“At NetApp, we fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds and perspectives of all employees, customers, partners, and communities to foster a higher performing organization.” -George Kurian, CEO
As an Escalation Engineer, you’ll work to maintain cloud services performing at levels both promised and expected by our external customer base. You’ll work in a highly collaborative environment monitoring and maintaining systems hosting our IaaS model. You’ll be primarily responsible to work on support cases escalated to us in conjunction with customer support services team to ensure resolution is provided to the customer within SLA.
This position includes on-call work due to the critical nature of the services we support
• Administer NetApp’s globally deployed storage solutions offering services on cloud.
• Take timely action on alert incidents triggered by our monitoring systems to ensure our systems are highly available.
• Head problem resolutions requiring extensive analysis, troubleshooting and escalation to product development.
• Engineer and investigate both platform and product issues.
• Ensure the availability and reliability of distributed systems. Works as a bridge between development, operations, and other teams to build and maintain resilient systems.
• Respond and analyze complex inquiries of technical and functional nature not in routine and require deviation from standard procedures.
• Direct clients through issue resolution including customer meetings, status reports and updates.
• Identify, propose and enforce escalated process improvements.
• Identify customer cases that can be prevented and/or drive appropriate methods to minimize support cases via product improvements.
• Identify tasks and areas where automation can be applied to achieve time efficiencies and risk reduction.
• Implement changes in production environment following change management processes
8- 15 years of candidates with Bachelors or Masters degree.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
NetApp is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination based on age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, pregnancy, protected veteran status, and any other protected classification.
Did you know…
Statistics show women apply to jobs only when they’re 100% qualified. But no one is 100% qualified. We encourage you to shift the trend and apply anyway! We look forward to hearing from you.
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. No one knows how to elevate the world’s biggest clouds like NetApp. We are data-driven and empowered to innovate. Trust, integrity, and teamwork all combine to make a difference for our customers, partners, and communities.
We expect a healthy work-life balance. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to volunteer with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
If you run toward knowledge and problem-solving, join us.
USA Residents Only:
The base salary hiring wage range for this position which the Company reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position in the specified geographic areas or locations, is [$Hiring Range Min] – [$Hiring Range Max]. Final compensation will be dependent on various factors relevant to the position and candidate such as geographical location, candidate qualifications, certifications, relevant job-related work experience, education, skillset and other relevant business and organizational factors, consistent with applicable law. In addition, the position may include some of the following comprehensive benefits such Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(K), Paid Time off (PTO), sick time, leave of absence as per the FMLA and other relevant leave laws, Company bonus/commission, employee stock purchase plan, and/or restricted stocks (RSU’s).