We’re forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can’t do it alone. We know when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it’s in our DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great idea?
“At NetApp, we fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds and perspectives of all employees, customers, partners, and communities to foster a higher performing organization.” -George Kurian, CEO
We are looking for a motivated NetApp Managed Services Consultant to join our 24×7 Storage operations team and service our Cloud and Managed Services Customers.
You will provide Level 4/5 support to our customers by responding to Incidents, working on Service Requests, Problem Management, Infrastructure Improvements and predominantly work on NetApp Storage and Cloud products and services. Experience in supporting a varied clientele is essential as is a strong understanding of NetApp storage-based technologies.
To be successful in this role, you would need to have the following:
• Experienced in NetApp Storage (Deploying and administering NetApp Storage – CDOT and 7-Mode, Troubleshooting Performance Issues, performing firmware and operating system upgrades, using storage management tools – OnCommand Unified Manager/ Performance Manager/ Insight, Managing backup integration with NetApp technologies);
• Proficient understanding of NetApp Storage concepts, related management tools and related Storage technologies (Snapshots, controller failover, provisioning, deduplication, cloning, Snapmirror, IntelliSnap) including monitoring and troubleshooting, administration, replication technologies, security hardening and performance tuning.
• Experience with automation tools such as NetApp Workflow Automation, NSE, Ansible
• Experience in writing basic PowerShell/Python scripts would be beneficial.
• A thorough understanding of other components in the infrastructure stack – compute, virtualization and networks: (NetApp/Cisco Flex pod architecture, Cisco UCS platform, IBM Blade Center, System X, VMWare vSphere, Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications, Commvault);
• Strong understanding of Storage protocols and technologies (CIFS, NFS, iSCSI, Fibre Channel switching and networks).
• Expert in ITIL methodologies: change, incident, problem, and configuration management.
• Architecting solutions around NetApp products.
• Strong customer communication and documentation skills.
• Built and maintained strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Infrastructure design, build, deployment, and disaster recovery testing.
• Pro-Active Dashboard monitoring and development for effective error logging and troubleshooting.
• Positive, proactive, team-orientated attitude with a flexible and innovative approach to work.
• Able to lead and delegate different functions within a project to ensure customer success.
• Provide outcome-based success on projects (hours do not count; outcomes do)
• Provide direction to other team members to drive a project forward.
• Provide mentorship to others on the team (fostering growth, addressing “blind spots”)
• Provide feedback on process improvement around efficiency and effectiveness.
• Develop processes around execution and tools and methodologies.
• Clear understanding of your contribution towards achieving BU goals and utilization (As defined by your manager)
• Provide leadership guidance to others on delivery team to the point that you are not involved in the day to day of every project that is assigned to your delivery team.
• Act as the lead resource within your delivery team (Lead escalation point, assignments of projects within delivery team, aware of status of every project on delivery team).
• Delegate majority of execution tasks to others on the delivery team.
• Support cloud infrastructure (storage, networking, servers, VMware) along with Object storage APIs such as S3, etc.
Typically requires a minimum of 15 years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree, and or 12 years and a master’s degree; or a PhD with relevant professional experience; or equivalent combination of professional education/training and applicable work experience.
Did you know…
Statistics show women apply to jobs only when they’re 100% qualified. But no one is 100% qualified. We encourage you to shift the trend and apply anyway! We look forward to hearing from you.
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. No one knows how to elevate the world’s biggest clouds like NetApp. We are data-driven and empowered to innovate. Trust, integrity, and teamwork all combine to make a difference for our customers, partners, and communities.
We expect a healthy work-life balance. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to volunteer with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
If you run toward knowledge and problem-solving, join us.