We’re forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can’t do it alone. We know when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it’s in our DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great idea?
“At NetApp, we fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds and perspectives of all employees, customers, partners, and communities to foster a higher performing organization.” -George Kurian, CEO
Listed as one of the best places to work, NetApp has an exciting opportunity for you to join a global team of elite technologists. This role will offer outstanding personal satisfaction and the opportunity to make a genuine difference to a growing organization within NetApp. Our team is incredibly passionate about customer experience and understands the value of strong relationships both internally and externally.
We are looking for a motivated Onsite Delivery Engineer to join our 24×7 Storage operations team and service our Managed Services Customers.
You will provide Level 2/3 support to our customers by responding to Incidents, working on Service Requests, Problem Management, Infrastructure Improvements, and planning and performing Firmware upgrades. Experience in supporting a varied clientele is essential as is a strong understanding of NetApp storage-based technologies.
• Experienced in NetApp Storage (Deploying and administering NetApp Storage – CDOT and 7-Mode, Troubleshooting Performance Issues, performing firmware and operating system upgrades, using storage management tools – OnCommand Unified Manager/ Performance Manager/ Insight, Managing backup integration with NetApp technologies);
• Experienced in EMC storages – VMAX, PowerMax, XtremIO, Unity
• Experienced in Brocade SAN Switches
• Local replication and remote replication SRDF/Snapmirror
• Proficient understanding of NetApp Storage concepts, related management tools and related Storage technologies (Snapshots, controller failover, provisioning, deduplication, cloning, Snapmirror, IntelliSnap) including monitoring and troubleshooting, administration, replication technologies, security hardening and performance tuning;
• Experience in other NetApp storage technologies like Storage grid, E-Series, SolidFire would be highly regarded
• Experience with automation tools such as NetApp Workflow Automation;
• Experience in writing basic PowerShell/Python scripts would be beneficial.
• A thorough understanding of other components in the infrastructure stack – compute, virtualization and networks: (NetApp/Cisco Flex pod architecture, Cisco UCS platform, IBM Blade Center, System X, VMWare vSphere, Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications, Commvault);
• Strong understanding of Storage protocols and technologies (CIFS, NFS, iSCSI, Fibre Channel switching and networks);
• Knowledge in ITIL methodologies: change, incident, problem and configuration management;
• Understanding of outsourcing/managed service and Cloud industry;
• ITIL Fundamentals certification (desirable);
• Working knowledge of monitoring platforms, WANs, SANs, backup and disaster recovery platforms;
• Windows server and related Microsoft technologies including monitoring and troubleshooting, administration, replication technologies, security hardening and performance, would be advantageous;
• Strong customer communication and documentation skills;
• Built and maintained strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Infrastructure design, build, deployment and disaster recovery testing.
• Positive, proactive, team-orientated attitude with a flexible and innovative approach to work
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8+years of related experience.
Did you know…
Statistics show women apply to jobs only when they’re 100% qualified. But no one is 100% qualified. We encourage you to shift the trend and apply anyway! We look forward to hearing from you.
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. No one knows how to elevate the world’s biggest clouds like NetApp. We are data-driven and empowered to innovate. Trust, integrity, and teamwork all combine to make a difference for our customers, partners, and communities.
We expect a healthy work-life balance. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to volunteer with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
If you run toward knowledge and problem-solving, join us.