This position is “Remote+” which means you can choose to work remotely or at our corporate hub in Bangalore, at any time. This is part of our NMG|WOW Way of Working that empowers associates to do their best work.
Neiman Marcus Group has an immediate opening for a Data Scientist II reporting to the Director, Data Science and Analytics. This position will work in tandem with a data science team based in the United States to collaborate on data science projects in the area of Customer Insights, Product Recommendation and Personalization utilizing techniques throughout the data science disciplines. This team will create data science/AI modeling and predictive insights into customer behaviors to support decision making to customer strategy and customer lifetime value, understand the econometric models of the luxury industry and individual brands to build models to optimize economic and strategic outcomes, understand the value and causal relations the business may take for all brands both in stores and online, among many other applications.
• Leads the analysis by applying statistics, machine learning and analytic approaches to predict and optimize business outcomes.
• Designs and builds ML/DL models to solve business problems.
• Correctly frames a problem and comes up with a hypothesis.
• Assesses the effectiveness and accuracy of models on an ongoing basis.
• Identifies new data that could enhance the quality and accuracy of models to improve predictions.
• Communicates results effectively with storytelling and visualization.
• Performs peer review for another Data Scientist’s work.
• Provides feedback to enhance the testing framework and MLOps.
• Extends beyond core data science work to perform data wrangling and data preparation.
• Masters Degree in Quantitative Discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.).
• 6-9 years’ experience as a Data Scientist
• Experience applying data science within a business.
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Self-starter who needs minimal direction and able to effectively manage through ambiguity
• Experience with SPARK a plus
• Expert in SQL, Python
• Experience working in a cloud environment, preferably AWS